We are looking for two interns to work on Scout's team starting in January 2016. We look forward to learning about why you're interested in joining our team!
PLEASE NOTE: If your experience corresponds to the requirements of the job to which you applied, you can expect to be contacted for an interview. Otherwise, we will also keep your resume on file for consideration for future opportunities.
FINANCE AND REAL ESTATE INTERNSHIP
(2 part-time interns)
Location: Bok, 1901 S. 9th St., Philadelphia
Duration: January 2016 - March 2016
Scout is seeking two part-time interns to focus on the financing of this complex mixed-use development. The ideal candidates will demonstrate maturity and initiative, excellent analytical ability, strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork skills. In this role you will be assisting our Director of Development, researching funding streams, producing financial models, completing funding applications, drafting term sheets, and providing general ledger support.
This position requires enthusiastic, highly motivated, and detail oriented candidates with an interest in applied research and research experience. Interest and experience in complex financing modeling and confidence in Microsoft Excel is essential. The ideal candidate is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Finance with a concentration in Real Estate or Urban Development, or relevant equivalents.
We are seeking serious candidates willing to commit to a part-time schedule for no less than three months. Successful candidates will have a relevant background, applicable skills and enthusiasm for Scout’s work. We’re looking for engaged thinkers with diverse skill sets, who will bring creativity, experience and enthusiasm to our dedicated team.
- Develop financial models
- Complete funding applications and grant applications in collaboration with Bok’s partners
- Process interested leasing applicants
- Schedule and organize building tours and write up findings
- Draft term sheets for prospective tenants
- Create detail sheets and summary packets for leasable spaces
- Assist with office booking-keeping and general ledger
- General administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in real estate, business, and economics
- Experience developing financial models
- Editing, copy editing and research skills
- A highly professional demeanor with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, personable, and proactive individual with enthusiasm for Scout’s work
- Must be comfortable performing administrative tasks as assigned
Intern will be expected to work from their own laptop or computer and should have access to Microsoft Office.
Intern will be paid a stipend which reflects their experience level and time availability on a monthly basis. Role could start in December if suitable candidate is available and able to start.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume with “Finance and Real Estate Internship” in the subject line to email@example.com by November 13, 2015.